MILITARY AND SPECIAL FORCES IN STATE SECURITY
The specialty is addressed to professional soldiers of the Polish Army and other uniformed services, civilian employees employed in the above-mentioned structures and candidates wishing to work in these formations. Studies can also be an excellent opportunity to supplement knowledge by state and local government employees who deal with the issues of state security in their everyday work. Students of this specialization will acquire knowledge and skills in the area and role of elite units in the state security system, the rules of their functioning in our area as well as in the international dimension. The proposed specialty meets the important needs in the field of training specialists in the field of state protection and citizens in cooperation with similar international institutions.
The specialty allows to gain thorough knowledge and competence in the field of:
- contemporary civilization threats and directions of their changes,
- risk analysis and identification of threats to state security,
- preventing and counteracting threats to state security,
- actions of the armed forces to ensure the security of the state and citizens in both peace and war,
- international humanitarian law and armed conflicts,
- use of armed forces in crisis response operations in the country and abroad,
- basic knowledge in the area of civil protection and civil defense,
- professional performance of duties in state administration bodies for building an effective system of state security and the local environment.
Graduates of this specialization, competent to issue judgments and opinions on issues related to state security, awareness of the effects of military operations and officers violating legal norms, principles of social coexistence or ethical norms, aware of the need to follow high ethical standards in their professional work and beyond possessing the necessary knowledge useful in working in specialized units can undertake work in broadly understood structures of the Ministry of the Interior and Administration, the Ministry of National Defense and public administration units responsible for building state security structures. Their knowledge, skills and social competences make it easier for graduates to find themselves in the ranks of the elite formation of uniformed services of various specialties.