PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY
draft of specialization
Ensuring the security of the state and public order is one of the most important areas of state activity. It refers to security on local, regional and global levels. Public safety is affected by the activities of the institutions that protect life, health, civil property and property of citizens nationwide. These institutions take action to protect against events threatening legal order, as well as those that can disrupt the lives of citizens, targeting the standards of conduct. Public order and safety also affect the smooth functioning of the state. Emerging threats’ basis can be both internal and external. Public order and safety Specialty is designed to prepare qualified professionals who will be able to counter threats in this regard.
While studying this specialty you will
- gain the knowledge necessary to work in state and local government services established to ensure that the legal and public order is kept
- Preparation both in terms of knowledge of the law and knowledge helping to assess and eliminate threats
- acquire detailed knowledge in the field of social security, criminal law, criminology and forensic science, sociology, psychology, fighting and prevention of the criminal, economic and organized crime and terrorism
- Knowledge of the regulations regarding informational safety and personal data safety
- Detailed knowledge of the internal and external safety, especially in the face of the threat of terrorism
Graduates of this faculty are qualified to work in the service of public safety, such as the Police, Municipal Police, Border Guard, Prison Guard, Customs, the State Fire Department, Road Transport Inspection, Railway Security and also in the public and private companies on the positions of responsibility for the security of information.