Concept of studies within the specialty
Public administration, in order to properly fulfill its basic function of meeting the collective and individual needs of the local community, needs new staff. They should include people with knowledge and awareness of the goals they face modern public administration. Well-functioning public administration is the foundation of an efficient state and requires highly qualified staff. Our specialization gives us the opportunity to meet the high demands for employment in modern administration. The aim of our studies is to consolidate the knowledge of social, economic and legal sciences, to develop students’ ability to identify and analyze and to solve practical problems that may arise in future work. Professional. The studies prepare graduates for work in modern government and local government administration as well as in part in business administration, business entities, NGOs and civil service. Besides learning about issues closely connected with the sphere of public administration, students will learn all the basic disciplines of legal knowledge.
Specialization courses focus on
- Familiarity with the structure of all levels of public administration;
- Presentation of multi-faceted relations between administration and business entities;
- Learning of legal instruments that is related to work in various public administration units and in entities whose activities are based on cooperation with public administration at all levels;
- Clarification of the links between administration and economic and social processes;
- Passing on the principles of functioning of the administration along with the economic and social aspects of the functioning of social structures, as well as useful skills in the field of sociology, psychology, negotiation techniques.
A graduate of public administration has a solid foundation to become a middle-ranking and higher-level official or entrepreneur who uses public funds in his or her activity. He also has the qualifications to work in public, business and administrative institutions, both public and private (companies, commercial law companies, banks, foundations, etc.). Graduates are also employed at all levels of the public administration as specialists in tendering and petty litigation. They will easily find themselves in companies where reliable and thorough knowledge of the law, sociology, management and administration is important.